What you need to know
You will work as a Process Engineer for our client, a highly successful manufacturing company based in Kildare.
This is a permanent role.
As the Process Engineer you will assist the Engineering and Production teams to continuously improve the manufacture of product by designing, operating and implementing optimal moulding, tooling and automation processes that maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximise profitability.
- Responsible for the successful execution of Process Engineering projects designed to deliver robust and optimized manufacturing processes, as well as the provision of day-to-day technical support and expertise to the Production teams.
- Conduct product investigations; equipment and process related trouble-shooting, and root cause analysis, implementing appropriate corrective and preventative actions where necessary.
- Assist the timely introduction of new products and/or processing technologies from development stage through to routine full-scale manufacture, ensuring a cost effective, compliant and robust process is achieved.
- Assist the introduction and validation of new tooling to include the completion of validations and documentation where required.
- Support the introduction and transfer of new moulds into production.
- Liaise with external toolmakers and equipment suppliers in relation to critical technical specifications.
- Support all departments, particularly Quality and Tooling, in relation to Engineering changes.
- Provide technical support and expertise as required to achieve process optimisation and/or new product introduction.
- Make process decisions based on risk and the interpretation of data sets ensuring consultation and communication with stakeholders.
- Apply a project management approach to successfully deliver projects and process improvements on time and in budget, while appropriately managing risk.
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability and ownership for both personal and team performance.
- Train, coach and mentor colleagues (e.g. Technicians, Supervisors, etc.) on new technologies and/or manufacturing processes.
- Ensure highest Quality & Compliance standards, participating and complying with the Quality Management System.
- Identify and generate opportunities for improvement and actively participate in the implementation of corrective action plans and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including quality requirements, financial controls, health and safety regulations, etc.
What are we looking for
- Have a minimum of a third level qualification in a relevant field (e.g., Engineering, Manufacturing Systems, Polymer Processing, or similar).
- Have extensive and directly relevant experience in high-volume injection moulding manufacturing, including demonstrable process validation and project management experience.
- Be proficient in the use of Lean Manufacturing principles (SMED, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully manage stakeholder relationships.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of QMS principles (preferably ISO 13485)
- Have strong information management, analytical and numerical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Be a team player and capable of working independently and on own initiative.
- Be well-organised, highly self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced, pressurised environment.
- Be flexible to travel on company business.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Joanne on 01 4690901.
We Value Your Trust.