We are currently recruiting for a Private Equity Team Leader for our client, a large investment bank based in Limerick.
The initial contract is a maternity cover contract that will last until June 2022, with the possibility of extension and/or permanency at the end.
You will be joining a progressive, quickly growing team.
What you will be doing:
- Assisting in managing an ever-expanding Private Equity team withing the company’s Limerick operation.
- Responsible for assisting with development and execution for the department’s strategic plans, goals and priorities.
- Responsible for the delivery of high-quality services to each of the clients assigned to your team.
- Asist the department in the annual targets f the business including the development of the Bangalore team and the automation of the Private Equity’s accounting platform.
- People management, leading a team, addressing partner issues and development of both direct and indirect reports on the team.
- Manage the preparation of interim and annual financial statements for PE Funds including the completion of consolidated financial statements for complex structures and listed entities.
- Active liaison with clients and external auditors dealing with audit queries.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, central bank and CSO returns.
- Manage the Private Equity team through the collection of relevant information to facilitate production of NAVs
- Ensure NAVs are issued accurately and within defined timelines.
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of operating expenses.
- Liaises with new clients to determine fund structure and level of detail required to support striking of NAV client servicing.
- Communicates effectively with clients, investors and associated parties on fund activities.
- Ensures operating arrangements are clearly established on inception of a fund.
- Ensures documentation, legal and compliance issues are complete.
- Keeps abreast of current activities in the Private Equity market as well as industry and regulatory developments.
- Preparation and collation of reports for board packs.
What we are looking for:
- Ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with previous experience in a busy accounting environment. A track record of production of Financial Statements. Must be a team-player, customer centric and have excellent attention to detail, positive attitude, ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Hold a recognised Professional Accounting Qualification with at least 10 years post QE experience.
- Detailed knowledge of Irish/UK GAAP/US GAAP and IFRS.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory /tax regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Knowledge of or willingness to quickly gain knowledge of PE Fund Administration.
- Demonstrate leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A track record in optimising system uses and automating processes where possible
- Willingness to support with daily BAU where necessary to support the team.
- Ability to participate in systems development knowledge.