What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Private Equity Accountant for our client, a global multinational Investment banking company based in Limerick.
12-month contract with an hourly rate of up to €30.
This role is a challenging, varied and interesting role – it is best suited to someone either currently working in Practice or who has previously worked and is now in industry. Ideally looking for a qualified accountant.
The role involves reviewing work from overseas. Also be reviewing and completing a set of financials/set of accounts around property/rental income etc, looking at fees and how that property is held.
There are strong procedures in place to follow.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements for Property Funds including the completion of consolidated financial statements for complex cross-border structures.
- Active liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, Central Bank and CSO returns.
- Develop an understanding of Fund Accounting requirements for Property Funds.
- Collection of relevant information to facilitate production of NAVs.
- Organise payment of operating expenses.
- Liaise with new clients to determine fund structure and level of detail required to support striking of NAV.
- Responsible to provide unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external).
- Effective communication with clients, investors and associated parties on fund activities.
- Ensure that operating arrangements are clearly established on inception of a fund.
- Ensure that documentation, legal and compliance issues are complete.
- To understand the purpose of and gain the critical background knowledge of Funds assigned to the team.
Purchase and Sale of Property Investments
- Understand the structure of property transactions.
- Understand the process and approvals required.
- Co-ordination of approval process.
- Collation of documentation / record maintenance.
What are we looking for?
- Hold Professional Accounting Qualification
- Detailed knowledge of Irish/UK GAPP and IFRS.
- Knowledge of the Irish regulatory /tax regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- A strong appreciation of accounting principles and standards.
- Knowledge of or willingness to quickly gain knowledge of Property Fund Administration.
- High level of communication skills, previous relationship management experience would be beneficial.
- Demonstrate leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to assist with the management of the team.
- Demonstrates understanding of the need for high-touch client service.
- Ability to participate in systems development projects.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Strong knowledge of Excel
We Value Your Trust.