Principal R&D Engineer
What you need to know
Do you want to work for a leading innovative Medical Device Company in the West? Continue to read if so…
This company is pursuing highly differentiated medical devices that are designed to address unmet clinical needs and engineered to the most demanding requirements. This key growth strategy leverages the combination of the Company’s expertise in proprietary surface technologies, along with enhanced device design, development, and manufacturing capabilities. The Company mission remains to improve the detection and treatment of disease.
The Principal Engineer provides technical leadership, support and guidance to the R&D project teams and individuals tasked with the development of new medical device products in compliance with applicable regulations. The Principal Engineer will take technical responsibility for several projects through the entire design cycle and interface with the customer.
This is a Permanent role
Location: Ballinasloe, Galway County, Ireland
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Explore clinical areas through desktop and user focused research to identify new market opportunities.
- Drive ideation teams to develop an understanding of the needs and develop new solutions.
- Develop clinical network for collaborations.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and funding support with universities, government agencies etc.
- Works with patent Attorneys to understand the IP landscape and develop IP protection/FTO strategies.
- Ownership of technical aspects of product development process
- Participate as a technical lead on multiple cross-functional development teams that manage design activities on project teams.
- Assist in development and testing of new devices or elements of new devices with the intent of commercialization per Quality System Requirements
- Accurately and efficiently assist with collecting and translating user and patient needs through design requirements, design specifications, and into verified/validated devices and procedures.
- Lead product development activities to ensure efficiency, excellent product quality and the associated documentation.
- Monitor and Manage projects costs.
- Oversee technical aspects of design reviews and transfers to production.
- Monitors and reports project status, risk, resources, etc in a clear and timely manner.
- Interfaces with various business units to coordinate projects and resources.
- Provides technical insight and recommendations for product improvements and next generation products.
- Presents innovation outputs to corporate management team for future direction.
- Guides and motivates team members to get the best results for all stakeholders.
- Laboratory and Production
- Manage prototyping efforts efficiently including evaluations with end users, competitor product assessments etc.
- Drive development activities through regulatory clearance and design transfer
- Develop robust test methods and design test fixtures to ensure that selected materials and prototype designs are accurately evaluated against the specification and requirements.
- Lead builds and product testing for design verification and validation with support from engineering and production
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Science or equivalent
- Proven history of success in driving medical device development.
- 10+ years of experience with medical device development
Benefits: Competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, Defined Contribution Pension with employer match, employee stock purchase plan and stock options.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Aoife at email@example.com