What you need to know
Would you like to work for an innovative medical manufacturing company in Galway?
Our client, is looking for a self-starter, hands on, go -getter, experienced Principal Hardware Design Engineer to join their team for the build of their new project
This is a contract job with a view to permanency depending on work performance!
You will have the opportunity to work remotely and on-site
As the Principal Hardware Design Engineer, you will design, develop and test the electronic platform of our medical devices.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Document performance requirements of electro-mechanical systems meeting customer standards
- Analyse and develop components such as circuit boards, power systems, processors etc while following IEC 60601-1, ISO 13485, FDA US21CFR820, and CE MDR 2017/745)
- Troubleshoot test-tooling and adapt new specifications.
- Identify and evaluate potential risks
- Plan project phases, strategy, execution, design verification and validation
- Work alongside Software, Mechanical and biomedical Engineers to ensure project is running efficiently
- Coach, mentor and delegate to the engineering team
- Collaborate with vendors on test and implementation strategies
What are we looking for?
- At least 8 years’ experience in a similar role
- Electrical/electronic system design in compliance with IEC 60601-1
- 3rd Level Qualification with a minimum of Degree level 8 in Electrical/Mechanical/Bi-Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience of EMC testing including Conducted and Radiated Immunity, Conducted and Radiated Emissions, Current Leakage, and ESD Testing.
- Experience in design of embedded microcontroller-based electronics devices, including FPGA-based, digital and analog design.
- Use of CAD systems and data acquisition software
- Experience in testing electronic devices
- Project management & leadership skills
- Team player and ability to delegate and work on own initiative
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Lisa on 0874056165
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.