What you need to know
You will work as a Operations Accountant for our client a highly successful and expanding manufacturing company in Waterford.
You will be responsible for all management accounting activities in the plant. The role is Permanent with an attractive financial package. The company will support your career development and there will be opportunities for advancement in the future. You will report to the Managing Director.
Your new job:
A key part of this role will be to develop best in class business systems and management information tools that will determine the performance of the business in real time.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly management performance reports including variance analysis.
- Analysis of overhead spend and forecast future spend.
- Manage inventory Accounting process in terms of accurate valuations, cycle count results and control/ system issues.
- Calculate reliable, complete, timely and comprehensive standard costs.
- Work closely with the commercial team on various projects, campaigns and calculate margins required.
- Prepare plant budgets and forecasts.
- Evaluate and understand the performance of current ERP system and potential.
- Identify system improvements that will provide a greater financial insight to enable effective decision making that improves site business performance.
- Develop relevant KPIs that evaluate plant performance on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with different functions particularly Supply Chain, Operations and Engineering.
What are we looking for?
- Qualified Accountant (ideally CIMA) with a 5+ year’s experience.
- Strong leadership qualities, capacity to shape the finance systems.
- Hands on, can do, will do, go to person.
- Positive, excellent communicator and listener.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Kieran McKeown on 051-353825.
We Value Your Trust.