What you need to know
You will work as a Planner for our client, a highly successful, established and growing medical manufacturing company in Co. Offaly.
As the Planner you will be responsible for creating the production schedule to meet customer’s requirements. You will work alongside the Supply Chain team.
This is a permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Hands-on participation in department activities, planning, forecasting, scheduling, best practices, quality, and continuous improvement of responsible areas.
- Issuing of a daily production schedule and checking material availability against schedule.
- Releasing production orders and reviewing Production schedules with manufacturing management.
- Issuing acknowledgement dates to customer service personnel/ order entry for customer orders.
- Issuing weekly capacity reports, detailing lead-times to all relevant staff and advising the Manufacturing management of extra shifts and overtime required to meet customer demand.
- Attend daily production meeting. Liaise with Production personnel daily to optimise run time.
- Negotiate additional or revised production capacity with Production in order to accommodate urgent customer requests. Maximise common resources between bottlenecks.
- Develop weekly capacity reports for manufacturing to support goals of on time complete and report out on schedule adherence for product group responsibility
- Deliver continuous improvement in supplier delivery, quality and cost.
- Lead or take part in projects in the Production Planning and Scheduling area that improve the business.
- Reduce inventory days in line with company targets
What are we looking for?
- 3rdLevel Degree in Business/Supply Chain or related discipline.
- At least 2-3 years’ work experience in production planning within manufacturing environment.
- Strong ERP system experience and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications particularly excel.
- You must have strong communication and negotiating skills along with excellent organisation/time management skills.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment while demonstrating initiative to lead in other projects.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust