What you need to know
Our client located in the Midlands is looking to hire a PhD Scientist to help provide technical support to the product manufacturing and strategic programmes teams. Your main duties will be to ensure the plant can meet its production targets to meet the ever-increasing global demand for diagnostic testing, in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
This is a permanent job that comes with an attractive salary and excellent careers prospects.
Your new job
In this role you will be working closely with the quality and manufacturing teams, providing expertise to ensure production targets and strategic goals achieved. You will be responsible for ensuring that the on-site SOP and GMP are adhered to and all technical issues are resolved, to avoid complaints and product recalls.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the quality and manufacturing teams
- Assist in product development and product transfer across company sites
- Design and manage process improvement projects and validations
- Document and investigate NCRs in compliance with CAPA requirements
- Assist with departmental budgets and help identify/implement cost reductions
- Involved with training team members and technologists as required
What are we looking for?
- Third-level qualification in Chemistry or Life Sciences discipline
- PhD in a scientific or technical field
- Skilled in performing immunoassays with the ability to apply associated troubleshooting skills
- Effective communicator who is confident liaising with colleagues in other departments/sites
- Ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of GMP and GDP
- Proven experience of following procedures with the ability to produce accurate record keeping
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.