What you need to know
Our client located in the Midlands is looking to hire a PhD Scientist to help provide technical support to strategic programmes aimed at ensuring they can meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
This is a permanent job and comes with an attractive salary.
Your new job
In this role you will be working closely with the quality and manufacturing teams to ensure production targets and strategic goals around quality, service and safety are achieved. You will be responsible for ensuring that procedures are adhered to and technical issues are resolved, to avoid complaints and product recalls.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the quality and manufacturing teams
- Assist in product development and product transfer across company sites
- Design and manage process improvement projects and validations
- Document and investigate NCRs in compliance with CAPA requirements
- Assist with departmental budgets and help identify/implement cost reductions
- Involved with training team members and technologists as required
What are we looking for?
- Third level qualification in Chemistry or Life Sciences
- Good understanding of immunoassays and associated troubleshooting skills
- 2 years’ experience in the development or support of diagnostic assays OR a relevant post-grad qualification
- Effective communicator who is confident liaising with other departments/sites
- Proactive approach regarding process improvement and CAPAs
- Sound understanding of GMP and GDP
- Proven experience of following procedures along with accurate record keeping
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.