What you need to know
You will work as a Payroll Officer for our Irish client, a very successful food company based in Co. Cavan.
This is a great job opportunity to manage the full payroll function which is highly automated.
As the Payroll Officer you will be responsible for the preparation of a large weekly payroll, processing in a timely and accurate manner. This job reports into the Financial Controller, you will also work with the HR department assisting in the preparation of employee contracts etc.
This is a permanent job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Maintain payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data.
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves discrepancies in payroll records
- Responsible for dealing with tax queries, holidays, pensions etc.
- Administration of BIK, pension, bonuses, overtime and pay increases.
- Ensure compliance with PAYE, PRSI and BIK.
- Adheres to payroll policies and procedures
- Provide month end payroll reports to the Finance and Department Managers team.
- Assist in the preparation of employee contracts.
- Ad hoc duties
What are we looking for?
- IPASS or Accounting Technician qualification.
- You must have 4+ years’ work experience in payroll processing preferably within a manufacturing company.
- Desired experience in the implementation of a payroll system.
- Experience using Sage Micropay.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Have the capability to deal with and solve problems and issues in the correct manner.
- Excellent communication and administration skills are essential for this role.
- Excellent IT skills and proficient in MS Office
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 0874057840.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.