What you need to know
You will work as a Payroll Coordinator for our client, a leading pharmaceutical company in Waterford.
This is a permanent, full-time position, reporting to the Financial Controller.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the accurate and timely processing of monthly payroll via Sage Micropay
- Responsible for ensuring that monthly and annual local tax payments and compliance requirements are met
- Co-ordinate payments to benefits providers such as health insurers and administrators of such schemes such as pension, medical insurance
- Processing new starters/leavers on payroll on a timely basis on receipt of relevant information from HR
- Emailing of payslips to employees
- Maintaining and reporting on Time Management System (TMS) – Overtime reports, leave reports (sick, unpaid, paternity, maternity). Monitoring compliance with flexible working time arrangement.
- Handling employee payroll queries
- VAT & Intrastat returns via ROS- Run VAT report quarterly on SAP and make VAT3, Vies & Intrastat returns on ROS – in conjunction with other members of the Finance team.
- Imports/Exports Clarification to Revenue
What are we looking for?
- An IPASS or an equivalent payroll or accounting qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced payroll environment
- Excellent IT, administration and analytical as well as a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills and confidentiality essential
- Experience of Computerised Payroll System-SAP an advantage
- Understanding of Irish employment law and payroll related tax matters
- Ability to work and lead when required cross-functionally
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Ronan Douglas on 051-353825