What you need to know:
A new position just came in for an Operations Manager to join a multinational manufacturing company based in Co. Mayo. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to work with a leading global company.
Your new job:
As an Operations Manager you will work on a shift basis, reporting to the Manufacturing Area Manager. You will lead a multi skilled team and be responsible for all aspects of shift team performance. Flexibility will be required for this shift position. Responsibilities include:
- Manage, lead and motivate a multi-skilled Operations group in an empowered team-based environment, ensuring full engagement of team members.
- Execute daily and weekly production plans to meet all Business Plan commitments.
- Ensure daily operations are carried out in compliance with all appropriate safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Ensure timely completion of all corrective and preventive actions to avoid repeats of Service and Quality defects, and all audit non-conformances.
- Ensure a consistently high level of communication with the Operations team members through daily, weekly, and monthly routines.
- Drive, manage and embed operational excellence and a continuous improvement culture within the team to deliver improvements through lean principles and systems.
What are we looking for?
- You will have a bachelor’s degree in a business/ technical discipline.
- You will have excellent analytical, computer and technical skills.
- You will have experience in people management in a manufacturing environment.
- You will be self-motivated and have excellent time management skills.
- You will have a minimum of five years’ experience in high volume manufacturing environment.
- You will have the ability to manage conflicting demands.