What you need to know
We are currently seeking an Operational Risk Associate for our multinational finance governance client, based in Tipperary.
In this job, you will assist the Associate Director in the management of ongoing and large-scale deliverables within the Management Company business, covering both AIFM and UCITS Management Company responsibilities.
The role will oversee a range of investment management clients and help to ensure the ongoing regulatory compliance for all these clients and work in a supportive role within the Irish team.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Help maintain an oversight program overseeing fund administrators, depositaries, distributors and portfolio managers
- Transfer Agency Oversight:
- Liaison with the outsource TA providers, check daily dealing, fees, Depositary notification, dilution levy and register amendments
- Ensure daily, monthly and periodic tasks are being completed in line with SLA
- Risk & Compliance:
- Ensuring logs of incidents and breaches are maintained for onward reporting
- Support the reporting of any regulatory returns
- Ensure Fund documents are up to date and accurate
- Work closely with service providers, including Fund Administrators, and Depositaries, to collate reports for review and support due diligence onsite visits
- Assist with the implementation of internal and operating controls (especially in relation to UCITS & AIFMD monitoring and reporting)
- Support the business to identify, assess, manage and measure operational risks in accordance with the relevant regulatory policies
- Liaise closely with the various internal teams, covering Operations, Compliance, Relationship and Risk teams to evaluate the operational risks of each client
- Establish standards of service for customers or clients and lead quality of service.
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedural manuals that contribute to the efficiency of the department while also ensuring timely and accurate delivery of service and regulatory compliance.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes.
- Aspire to be the technical expert in UCITS, AIFMD & funds, especially with respect to operational risk management.
- Foster positive team environment and ensure open communication.
What are we looking for?
- A degree in Finance or Accountancy, or qualification as a Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst.
- 3+ years’ experience within an Investment Manager or Fund Administration environment
- Self-motivation and strong relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of fund accounting and/or financial reporting
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, including reporting and providing support to various members of the team
- Outstanding time management, organizational skills, oral/written communication skills, critical thinking and attention to detail is required
- MS Office Skills
We Value Your Trust.