What you need to know
Looking for a new challenge in your scientific managerial career? Interested in working in an environment conducive to professional growth and which promotes a culture of innovation and empowerment? Then we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Microbiology Manager to join a global pharmaceutical company located in Galway.
This is a permanent job and comes with excellent benefits
Your new job
You will be managing the Microbiology team and will support their day-to-day activities in the laboratory. You will plan and implement targets and KPIs, set employee goals and conduct performance evaluations – including regular feedback and coaching. You will play an integral role in the development of your staff and provision of their training.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure highest quality standards are maintained in accordance with current GLP, GMP and regulatory body directives
- Responsible for ensuring all laboratory analysis is carried out in a safe, efficient and timely manner, so that systems and methods of analysis for sampling and testing are in place to allow for the generation of valid data
- Manage and control the microbial testing of pharmaceutical products for release
- Ensure validity of all test methods in the laboratory are established and documented in accordance with SOPs
- Interact efficiently with other department managers/ directors
- Support continuous improvement projects such as 6S and lean processes for the laboratory
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of BSc Degree – preferably Microbiology or Environmental Sciences
- Minimum of 5 years managerial and/or supervisory experience in a Microbiology department within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to define clear targets, devise and implement development plans for the team and ensure progress to completion
- Good working knowledge of isolator technology
- Knowledge of Aseptic Processing is an essential requirement in this role
- Experience of monitoring and managing laboratory analysts in both Microbial and Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Environments
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.