What you need to know
You will work as a Micro / QA Analyst for our client, a leading contract testing laboratory.
This is a permanent role.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Perform environmental monitoring at customer sites including surface, settle and viable and non-viable particulate air monitoring of aseptic operations and controlled areas.
- Perform microbial identification including Gram stain and Maldi-TOF.
- Perform acceptance/ growth promotion testing of commercially prepared microbiological culture media.
- Perform bioburden and endotoxin sample analysis in accordance with standard operating procedures as required.
- Conduct laboratory investigations and generate reports in response to invalid tests, OOS etc.
- Complete customer complaints, deviations, non-conformances and field safety notices.
- Complete internal audits (ISO 9001) as a trained auditor.
- Initiates and completes CAPAs and Change Controls in accordance with company procedures.
- Sterilise laboratory equipment and utensils as needed.
- Maintains laboratory reagents, media and supplies.
- Ensures that all work carried out is in compliance with the required regulatory standards, conforms to company policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Accurate and timely recording of all information pertinent to the task being performed and peer review of data from other analysts for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs other duties relevant to the QA/QC laboratory position as required.
What are we looking for?
- Third level qualification in Microbiology or related discipline.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience working in a pharmaceutical/ medical device or related industry in the field of Microbiology ideally with experience of environmental monitoring of controlled areas.
- Full clean Irish driving license (essential) as some travel to client sites is required
- Logical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability and associated problem solving.
- Good time management and attention to detail.
- Adaptable and flexible, willing to travel when needed.
- Responds positively to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Collaboration and teamwork. Maintains the highest standards of ethical behaviour.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft products including, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.