What you need to know
A leading Irish Manufacturing company are looking for a Mechanical Fitter to join their ever growing team on a permanent basis. You will work as part of a team responsible for all aspects of machine and equipment maintenance, specialising in the repair of industrial equipment.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Repair of industrial production equipment such as high speed machines, conveyors, packaging machines, gearboxes, bearings and hydraulics.
- Assist the Lead Maintenance Technician with the implementation of preventative maintenance programmes for all machines in assigned area.
- Assist with the continuous monitoring of all machinery and equipment within the plant.
- Ensure real time repair of machines and equipment to get them back up & running within optimum time frame.
- Document all aspects of maintenance work carried out and keep management informed of potential issues.
- Adhere to company safety policies at all times.
What are we looking for?
- Must have prior experience in high speed machines & conveyors, packaging machines, gearbox repairs, air automation, hydraulics and welding.
- Ideally must have significant experience working as a maintenance fitter within a manufacturing/industrial business, preferably within the food or packaging industries.
- IT literate and experienced in automation
- Open to new ideas, work practices.
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing processes would be beneficial but not necessary.
- Good communication skills, enthusiastic, hardworking and energetic.
- Able to deal with pressurised situations and remain calm and focused.
- Flexibility to meet peak work demands as required
- Basic electrical, but not essential
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Jack Linnane on 090 6490485