Mechanical Design Engineer vacancy based in Athlone, Co. Westmeath. The position requires a skillful design engineer to complete various design projects for a range of manufacturing clients within the pharma and medical device industries.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Using design tools complete design requests and support assembly when required.
- Price and complete design specifications for a customer showing confidence in dealing with their demands in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communicate with partners and clients to develop design solutions providing technical expertise and innovative thinking.
- Utilize mechanical design expertise when integrating customer specifications delivering custom-built solutions to existing and new business requirements.
- Maintain adequate design records to ensure traceability.
- An open communicator who works well in a business facing role to understand customer requirements.
What are we looking for?
- BEng in Mechanical/ Manufacturing Engineering or Design.
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience within a mechanical design function.
- Project Management and customer-facing experience preferred.
- Expert using mechanical design software such as Solidworks/Autocad.
- Design experience working with metals such as aluminum frame constructions.
- Willingness to work on own initiative, proactive and ambition to continuously improve.
To be successful in this role you will show drive and ambition to grow in your role and with the company become SME in your area.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Michéal Curley on 090649045