What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Materials & Logistics Manager for our client, a leading Engineering company. This position is based in Finland.
Due to continued success, the company is now looking to appoint an experienced Materials/Logistics Manager (ideally electrically biased) to support the Business in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering and construction projects and to support the project team from the earliest stages of the project.
As the Materials / Logistics Manager you will define and coordinate all available storage areas on site, both within the building and outside of the building up to the hoarding line.
This is a permanent role and salary depends on experience.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Define and coordinate all available storage areas on site.
- Allocate Storage Space according to the project priorities.
- Booking and Coordination of delivery of materials.
- Liaise with the Sub Contractors and Security Personnel to ensure effective deliveries.
- Coordinate with Sub Contractors to ensure awareness of holding area locations and develop an appropriate call off system to ensure optimum delivery times to site.
- Maintain awareness of spare capacity of the plant on site and coordinate deliveries to maximise the use of all vertical transportation plant.
- Assist the Project Manager in the running of the weekly delivery coordination meeting.
- Liaise closely with security personnel to ensure effective deliveries. You will be a key link between the Security Operatives at the site perimeter and the traffic and material movements within the site boundaries.
- You will be tasked with devising an appropriate call off system to ensure optimum delivery times while working closely with the Subcontractor
- Maintain awareness of the spare capacity of the plant on site and coordinate deliveries to maximise the use of all vertical transportation plant while liaising with the Appointed Person/Crane Coordinator, the Logistics Manager and the Contractor.
- You will assist the Project Manager in the running of the weekly delivery coordination meeting. Assume responsibility for delivery, vertical transportation and storage actions taken from this meeting.
What are we looking for?
- 3rd level qualification in an engineering or construction related field is desirable
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ideally you will have an Electrical background
- Strong, proven leadership skills and experience of managing substantial, interdisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities, construction technologies and jobsite management
- Experience with managing and influencing large teams, including craft in the field
- In depth practical knowledge and experience with scope definition, resource loaded schedules, progress and performance curves, earned value and metrics
- Technical familiarity throughout the delivery project lifecycle
Apply for this job below!
We Value Your Trust