What you need to know
A multinational medical device company in Galway are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their ever growing team on a 12 month contract. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the global leader in medical technologies.
Your new job
As an engineer you will actively participate in all areas of product transfers including the following: Design, Technology development & advancement, Automation, Vendor management, Cell operating System (COS) & Project management.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- You will support all activities related to equipment development and validation to meet internal and regulatory (CE) requirements.
- You will support process development, characterization and validation activities.
- You will use Design, Reliability & Manufacturability methodology (DRM), 3-D drawing/printing and Augmented reality to develop best in class technologies for the manufacture of our medical device product ranges.
- You will collaborate with cross functional teams to define, execute and deliver on program deliverables.
- You will utilize your new and existing skillsets in six sigma tools, project management and technology development to solve technical problems.
- You will compile, document and present all learnings to project and functional teams.
What are we looking for?
Third Level 8 Degree or higher in Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or related discipline and desirably with experience in a similar role.
- Dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of medical device processes with a good understanding of product and process design.
- Good communicator and fluent in English, with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Good organizational, presentation and project management skills are desirable
- Develops technical / Equipment documentation including Equipment binders , Equipment validations and technical reports in accordance with quality system requirements.
- Support the development and sourcing of vendors, Co-ordinate and liaise with vendors to ensure equipment is sourced to budget and on time.
- Supports verification, validation, and implementation of equipment for both design and process development.
- Utilizes knowledge of FDA and ISO / CE / EH&S requirements related to equipment / process development, ensuring robust validation and qualification.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Jack Linnane on 087 4054758