What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Finance and Cost Analyst for our client, a public sector company. This role will be based in North Wicklow/South Dublin.
This job will suit you if you have strong management accounting and monthly reporting experience
This is a 12-month contract position with some possibility of extension.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Play a lead role in engaging on behalf of the Head of Finance with Service colleagues on all matters of financial performance
- Support and develop the provision of financial analysis and commentary in accordance with agreed deadlines
- Support the development of the financial reporting framework in the continued implementation of the Pay & Numbers strategy
- Work closely with senior colleagues in a number of key performance processes, including Estimates, Service planning & Budget Allocation
- Engage effectively with service leads to ensure adequacy of expenditure control and cost containment
- Communicate effectively with all internal/external stakeholders
- Play a key role in the Annual financial control’s assurance process for Finance
- Implementation of control improvements/audit recommendations with service leads
- Provide analysis as required of income and maximising same/minimising write-offs
- Deliver effectively against any other requirements under controls/compliance as required from time to time by Head of Finance
- Play a key role in supporting improvements in financial data management, including integrity of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system data, local databases and other data interfaces
- Support the rollout of key system reform processes, including Integrated Financial Management System (IFMS), Consolidate Finance Intelligence (CFI), Stabilisation and Finance Reform
- Play a key role in the rollout of Community Costing initiatives
- Staff management and oversight, coaching and mentoring responsibilities
- Leadership role and pro-active membership of the Finance team
What are we looking for?
- Qualified accountant with management accounting and monthly reporting experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience of financial systems and use of reporting methodologies
- Knowledge and experience of Financial Reporting Standards (FRS) and best practice in organisational governance and compliance
- A keen understanding of and experience of using ERP systems to translate that usage into the production of management information
- Experience of using spreadsheets and/or databases to deliver solutions to business challenges
- Proven project management skills with ability to deliver projects within deadlines
- Proficiency with office systems including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Please apply using a CV in Microsoft Word format, thank you.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.