What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for our client, a pharmaceutical company based in Dublin West.
This is a permanent, full time role joining a team working on a 4-cycle shift rotation. Salary will depend on experience.
The purpose of this role is to provide hands on maintenance and facilities support functions as part of a small maintenance team to all departments in line with company target.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- In this role, you will maintain equipment/facilities to a high standard to reduce production downtime and will be involved in continuous improvement projects to enhance compliance, improved productivity and reducing costs within the plant.
- Supervise/Co-ordinate all contractors on site and ensure all are contractor personnel are trained before work is carried out on site.
- Ensure strict compliance of GMP and Standard Operating Procedures during the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and electronic plant and systems associated with producing the finished pharmaceutical product.
- Preparation and set-up of filling equipment to ensure a timely and efficient production run / change over.
- Perform training of Operators and Technicians on preparation and set-up of CVG equipment to ensure a timely and efficient production run / changeover.
- Identify and participate in process improvements / investigations and project work.
- Participate in review and amendment of documentation pertinent to role.
- Identify and Initiate Deviations / Change Controls and follow up where applicable.
- Develop, Administrate and operate the planned preventative maintenance system, PEMAC.
- Maintain an effective spare parts programme, for all plant and equipment. Maintain and operate the B.M.S system and mailed work requests system
- Be responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of the HVAC and Utility equipment.
- Ensure minimum equipment downtime through preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Ensure proper documentation in line with Good Engineering Practices for all equipment.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role in a factory based/plant facilities maintenance preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Diploma in Mechanical or building services engineering or full/part qualified mechanical / electrical apprenticeship (Senior Trades)
- Ability to interpret/design HVAC and Utility schematics and drawings
- Good knowledge of GMP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, PEMAC
- Ability to handle multiple priorities under tight timelines while maintaining quality.
- Structured way of working & strong organisational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong Team player
- Strong Commitment to quality and compliance
- Fluent English speaker