You will work as a Legal Entity Controller for our client, an investment bank company in Dublin.
This is an 8 month contract role.
Your new job
This role owner is responsible for the Financial Control of a number of the client companies in Ireland. You will oversee all aspects of accounting and related controls, financial reporting including statutory financial statements, and internal reporting (to management and to the Boards).
The role has the following core responsibilities:
Control/Oversight – Responsibility (either directly or through oversight of LE controllers/accountants) for all aspects of the accounting and control environment of the entities, including
- Understand and control all aspects of the company’s business
- Agree appropriate accounting treatments and issue resolution
- Review /authorise intercompany allocations as required
- Review GL reconciliations and approve journals as required
- Monitor capital adequacy compliance in conjunction with the Regulatory Reporting team including oversight of eligible asset investments
- Monitor completeness/accuracy of costs/revenues as part of the monthly variance review process
Reporting – Provide high quality Legal Entity reporting including
- The presentation of monthly/quarterly results to LE management/Boards
- Provide analysis/interpretation of results, both locally and at a corporate level
- Preparation of LE Financial Statements
- Ensure that service level obligations are being met and that any servicing issues are resolved in a professional and timely manner
- Support of the audit process
- Review of LE budgets, as prepare by the EMEA LE forecasting team, to ensure completeness and accuracy
The role will involve oversight of one junior controller for analytical review, analysis and commentary on results.
What are we looking for?
- Degree/qualification in accounting, business or other qualifications relevant to the investment industry and in particular Financial Reporting.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role within the funds industry or Big 4 audit experience with funds industry audit experience.
- Strong legal and regulatory knowledge of running business in a compliant manner.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, to a level consistent with delivering excellent client presentations, excellent relationship management skills with clients and colleagues.
Matrix Recruitment are acting as the Employment Agency and Pay Master for this position.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gillian on 051 353825.
We Value Your Trust.