What you need to know
You will work as a Lead Systems Technician for our client, a highly successful and well-established medical manufacturing company in Co. Westmeath.
As the Lead Systems Technician, you will be responsible for developing and monitoring equipment testing schedules, product design and implementation and delegate duties to the system technician team to support manufacturing requirements.
You will report to the Technical & Improvement Programme Manager.
This is a permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Develop, optimise and validate new product manufacturing processes and improve existing process.
- Provide leadership as required on technical challenges and advocate that all engineers follow a standardised approach to issue resolution.
- Apply your knowledge of PLC programmers, sensors, vision systems, barcode, network topology, Allen-Bradley Controllogix5000, PLC5, DeviceNet, Motion Control programming etc.
- Generate performance reports and ensure corrective actions are in place.
- Apply knowledge of FDA regulations, 21CFR Part 11, electronic signatures and Part 820 etc
- Provide input to new production lines in the areas of data collection, control and robotics and communications.
- Provide training and mentoring.
- Liaise with EHS on related technical issues and risk assessments.
- Produce systems performance reports and ensure corrective actions plans are in place.
- Provide training to systems technicians.
What are we looking for?
- Fully Certified Electrician or 3rd Level Qualification in Electrical Engineering/Automation or related discipline.
- At least 8 years’ work experience in plant control of high-volume automation.
- Experience in SCADA, Allen Bradley, Siemens or similar PLC programming and control.
- Software and equipment validation experience.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and proficient at multitasking.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Michéal on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.