What you need to know
As part of their continued growth, my prestigious Mayo based client is looking to hire a Lead Scientist (Chemistry) to help lead and support the laboratory team as a Subject Matter Expert. In this role you will play an integral part in the development of the organisations brand new, state-of-the-art analytical laboratory, as well as supporting the Laboratory Manager with the training and development of the analysts and scientists within the analytical laboratory.
This a permanent position which comes with a competitive salary and very attractive benefits package
Your new job
As a Subject Matter Expert specific to your field, you will have a deep knowledge base acquired in any of the following areas of expertise: flavour chemistry, microbiology, beverages technology or advanced analytical techniques.
You will possess an excellent understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Quality Management Systems (QMS). You will be adept at interpreting data from routine and non-routine analyses to validate that ingredients/materials meet specifications.
Your responsibilities will involve performing complex testing and analysis of raw materials, in process products and finished goods. Through your expertise and ability, you will lead the integration of advanced techniques so as to apply the most appropriate technique to solve a broad range of problems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform basic and complex analytical testing at high level of throughput
- Interpret analytical data and produce recommendation reports
- Maintain lab equipment and instrumentation
- Organise workflow, tasks and schedules
- Mentor Lab Analysts through training and instruction
- Lead research projects and develop/validate analytical test methods
- Provide expert troubleshooting and problem solving
What are we looking for?
- Min. Degree in Science, preferably Analytical Chemistry, Microbiology or Food Science
- MSc in Chemistry or Microbiology is highly desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ laboratory experience in an industrial environment (pharma, healthcare or food)
- Experience of working with Flavours and Concentrates is a distinct advantage
- You should be a SME in one science discipline, i.e. Chemistry, Micro, Instrumentation
- Ability to communicate technical information both verbally and in written reports, that is understandable by technical and non-technical audiences
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 09064 90485.
We Value Your Trust.