What you need to know
A leading manufacturing engineering company based in Co. Clare are expanding their team and are looking to bring in an experienced Lead Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent basis.
Your new job
The successful applicant will be heavily involved in all aspects of engineering in the company including product design and manufacturing, production scheduling, product flow, detailed models as well as engineering drawings and schematics. The candidate will also be leader of a small engineering team within the company. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to implement their experience and develop with a growing dynamic company.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Leadership of a small team of engineers and close contact with the production manager to achieve smooth and efficient production while improving systems and developing new products.
- Scheduling of production, organisation and prioritisation of projects.
- Creation and interpretation of detailed models and drawings and use of software in 3D (SolidWorks) to create and modify existing parts/products/assemblies.
- Creation and use of Bills of Materials (BOM’s) for both production and component purchasing.
- Understanding and use of nesting software which creates CAD/CAM codes for plasma cutting.
- Design to build research and design projects for new products and products to complement our existing range.
- Development and maintenance of product and component databases making sure they are kept up to date.
- Dealing with customers to help solve any engineering related problems that may occur.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 2.2 degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar qualification.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with 2D and 3D software (SolidWorks) and drawings.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of sheet metal and fabrication techniques.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda Dooley on 09064 90485