What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Lead Funds Analyst for our multinational client in the funds industry based in Dublin City Centre.
This is a 12-month contract position and salary will depend on experience.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure net asset values (NAVs) of the fund are calculated accurately and on a timely basis
- Understand the process for preparing all valuations under your management. This will include having knowledge of all control procedures in place during the preparation of the NAV and identifying any more effective controls that can be used
- Monitor the daily/weekly/monthly production schedule to ensure that valuations are completed accurately and within the client deadline
- Perform the final check and review of valuations produced under your control
- Communicate new procedures on a fund to all relevant staff
- Timely communication to Team Manager of any significant operational issues that arise
- Ensure Fund Accountants maintain daily/monthly files in a manner suitable for future review by the fund and internal auditors
- Take initiative to seek opportunities to enhance either the quality of client services or the productivity the NAV process
- Serve as the primary dedicated contact for the client on operational and client servicing issues
- Ensure all staff maintain a proactive and professional relationship with key client contacts
- Keep the Team Manager informed of client issues and their progress, highlighting to management any client concerns/complaints as a matter of urgency
- Manage the preparation of all the weekly/monthly reporting including the management information system (MIS), compliance, client and fund manager monthly information and reporting.
- Plan the resourcing requirements for the funds in consultation with the Operations Manager
- Serve as a role model and mentor to staff and serve as a resource to provide adequate training as appropriate
- 5+ years’ work experience in the funds industry
- Excellent working knowledge of NAV calculations and reviews
- In-depth experience of resolving Cash & Asset reconciliation queries
- Knowledge of accounting requirements for a wide range of financial instruments
- In-depth knowledge of Performance Fees and Complex Instruments
- Experience in preparation of board reports
- In-depth knowledge of Share Class Hedging
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement workflow requirements of a team
- Report writing ability, with a high attention to detail.
- Third level qualification in business related discipline desirable
- Experience of Advent/Geneva/NTAS desirable
We Value Your Trust.