We are looking to hire a Laboratory Test Engineer, who will be responsible for testing, analysing and reporting laboratory test data for all test service offerings. Although predominantly operating independently in this role, you will also mentor and train laboratory technicians.
This is a permanent job and is located in Co. Offaly.
Your New Job
This role would be ideal for someone with a continuous improvement mindset and who excels in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement within the laboratory and QMS in place. Your focus will be orientated around strong communication with customers and colleagues, as well as leading by example in terms of driving the safety culture and maintenance of the laboratory.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Complete product testing, analysis and reporting in a controlled manner, adhering to quality and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with the objectives of the laboratory QMS system in accordance with the internal quality documentation, ISO 17025 standard, INAB requirements and international test standards.
- Assist with the completion of competency audits, test method validations, proficiency tests, internal audits as required in order to meet the QMS requirements.
- Independently liaise with customers as required, to meet the requirements of each test program / customer project and draft the test plan for each test program.
- Ensure that the laboratory is maintained to a high level of cleanliness, so that test areas and samples are appropriately disposed of and cleared at the end of each test program.
- Mentor and train junior laboratory technicians.
- Complete final test reports for customers in an accurate and timely manner.
What Does the Ideal Candidate Look Like?
- Degree level or higher is essential, with an emphasis on Math, Lab Science, or Chemistry
- Strong skills in Leadership, Communication, problem solving , decision making and planning
- 3-5 years of industry-related experience (i.e. packaging materials or manufacturing) is preferred
- Training in the operation of laboratory equipment.
- Experience with statistical analysis i.e. Minitab
- Ability to maintain confidentially and sensitivity to information
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.