What you need to know
You will work a Scientist for our client, a highly successful and established Pharmaceutical company in Co. Westmeath.
Due to exciting new projects our client is looking for a Laboratory Supervisor to join the Pharma laboratory in Athlone.
As a Laboratory Supervisor you will provide line-level management, coordination of resources and work schedules for laboratory activities.
This is a Permanent role and shift work is required. Shifts will be permanent early or late.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations and assists in preparation and implementation of company policies, quality systems and training programs.
- Organizes, schedules and supervises laboratory resources for group’s project activities and updates project status.
- Ensure projects are completed in a timely manner so that company revenues are met and clients are satisfied with the quality and turnaround time of work being performed.
- Ensure that lab staff continue to be developed to keep pace with department goals and growth
- Responds to client questions and needs, coordinates client communication and records meeting minutes.
- Performs lab work in accordance with client protocols, methods and requirements.
- Prepares study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documentation.
- Designs experimental study and participates in technical troubleshooting.
- Reviews, interprets and analyzes data for technical quality and compliance to protocols, methods and SOPs. Reviews laboratory investigations and deviation.
- Assists group leaders in their responsibilities.
- Assists in preparation and implementation of client SOPs and company operational policies. Ensures adherence to SOPs, safety standards and company policies.
What are we looking for?
- Degree level education in Relevant scientific field (inc. Chemistry)
- 5 years relevant experience within an analytical lab environment
- 1+ year of leadership/Supervisory responsibility in a lab environment
- Demonstrated proficiency within a lab environment to include HPLC, GC, MS, Dissolution testing, Karl Fischer, UV-vis, FT-IR, TOC.
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to train and mentor junior staff
- Demonstrated ability to be project solution driven
- Good written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Can independently perform root cause analysis for method investigations
- Technical writing skills; ability to write quality documents (SOPs, investigation forms, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of QA metrics of program base; ability to write and recommend changes to SOPs
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Project and time management skills
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Aoife at Aoife.email@example.com
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.