I have a really exciting career opportunity with one of my key clients, who are industry leaders and are a globally recognised organisation. They looking to recruit a Laboratory Shift Manager to fill a key position within their management team at their site in Co Mayo, where you play an integral role in the development and implementation of Quality Assurance & Safety strategies on-site.
This is a Permanent role that involves shift work and comes with excellent benefits unique to the organisation.
Your New Job
As someone who is highly skilled in people management and engagement, you will lead and motivate a team of 15 multi-skilled Laboratory staff in their daily activities, whilst ensuring high levels of engagement and performance. You will be responsible for ensuring that that all policies, procedures and validations are carried out in accordance with company and regulatory requirements. You will also implement and manage GLP, ensuring compliance to ISO 17025 Laboratory Management Systems.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all ingredients, finished products and intermediate products are tested and released in accordance with company procedures
- Implementation and management of Laboratory GLP and CAPA programs
- Performance management, development of individuals/team, coaching and assigning work
- Supervision of Ingredient and Product testing and release
- Management of the Laboratory consumable and Equipment VMI
- Drive developments in testing methods and techniques
- Management of the Internal/ external audit program, liaising with corporate and external registrars/governmental agencies
- Proven ability to operate on a global stage interacting with culturally diverse colleagues
What Does The Successful Candidate Look Like?
- Degree in Science (Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry are preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years Laboratory or QA industrial experience
- 2-3 years People Management experience (Pharmaceutical industry an advantage)
- Excellent motivational and engagement skills
- Experience in testing and release of ingredients and final products
- Qualification in Continuous Improvement is desirable
- Proven ability to work with SAP enterprise system
- Familiarity with ISO/IEC 17025: 2017 requirements
Apply for this job now or contact Gareth on 09064-90485
We Value Your Trust