What you need to know
Are you ready for the next step up the Leadership ladder in your scientific career? Do you have significant experience working in a pharmaceutical or analytical contract laboratory, ideally with leadership and people management experience? If the answer to this is yes, then keep on reading, as this may be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for….
Your new job
Due to further expansion in operations, my Westmeath based client is looking to hire a Laboratory Manager to fill a key position in a fast-paced and successful GMP laboratory. The successful candidate will provide leadership and support to a team of around 30 staff, including Group Leaders, Scientists, and Project Managers. Your team will be working on various projects such as product development, analytical testing, method transfer and stability studies, to name but a few.
In this role you will have responsibility for scheduling and resource management, along with managing technical and compliance related issues.
You’ll be working closely with Laboratory Directors and play an active role in planning, directing and implementing improvements in systems, processes and procedures to increase efficiency, productivity and quality throughout laboratory operations.
Due to the continued success and expansion of the company, the successful candidate will receive a generous one-off financial bonus paid as a incentive for joining the organisation.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Manage the work responsibilities and schedules of group leaders, projects and resources
- Lead, motivate and support multiple employees in a positive and encouraging manner
- Assist upper management with strategic planning, budgeting and process improvements
- Reviews and approves laboratory investigation, deviations, and QA facility and data audits
- Reviews data for technical quality and compliance to protocols, methods and SOPs
- Interact with clients and business development on requests for proposals & project definitions
- Negotiate with clients on timelines and pricing, including the review and approval of bids
- Prepares and updates revenue projection reports and timesheet reports for revenue recognition and billing, evaluates resource utilization reports and project profitability
What are we looking for?
Essential to have one of the following:
- Or MSc. in Chemistry or Biochemistry (or a related science) with 10+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical or analytical contract laboratory industries
- PhD. in Chemistry or related science plus at least 6 years of experience in pharmaceutical or analytical contract laboratory industries.
- 5 years or more of management experience in the pharmaceutical or analytical contract laboratory industries. Management experience should include stability/QC/analytical R&D project and program management, direct supervision of technical staff, direction of laboratory operations and implementation of process and system improvements
- Thorough knowledge of FDA and international pharmaceutical regulations
- Experience and knowledge in operating and troubleshooting analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC and dissolution equipment
- Ability to demonstrate experience of the implementation of quality systems and processes
- Knowledge of ICH guidelines and regulatory requirements for Stability/QC testing
- Effective in resource allocation, hiring and recruiting, analytical instrumentation procurement
- To create a positive, productive and encouraging environment, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential to this role
If you’re interested in this fantastic opportunity and feel you meet the requirements for this role, then please apply now and I will be in touch, or alternatively, feel free to contact Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.