What you need to know
We require a highly experienced Laboratory Manager to lead a team of around 30 people associated to the Biopharma laboratory. You will provide support to Group Leaders, Scientists and Projects Managers in terms of scheduling, resource management, technical and compliance related issues, to ensure smooth operations within the Biopharma laboratory.
This role, based in Westmeath, offers an excellent opportunity for someone who has previous leadership and management experience in a GMP small molecule environment and who would now like to embrace a new technical environment with Biopharma specific products.
Your new job
The fundamental aspects of this role will involve the planning, direction and implementation of processes, procedures and system improvements to increase efficiency and productivity within the laboratory. You will also work closely with the Biopharma Associate Director in relation to business development, strategic planning and future expansion initiatives. The ideal candidate will have an encouraging management approach that nurtures a positive and collaborative team environment conducive to the growth and development of both your team and laboratory operations.
This is a permanent job that not only has great growth opportunities but also comes with a generous joining bonus payable upon completion of your probationary period.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Provide clear direction to your leadership team in terms of their work responsibilities, project management and resource allocation
- Demonstrate positive leadership skills to create a culture of collaboration, efficiency and growth development within the laboratory
- Reviewing and approving laboratory investigations, deviations, study protocols, final study reports and project related technical documentation
- Prepare and deliver revenue projection and billing reports, including the evaluation and allocation of resources and budgets to utilise project profitability
- Liaise with clients regarding their proposals and requests, to determine project definitions, timelines and costs
- Support Senior Management in operational planning, budgets, process improvement initiatives and new capability development
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area (chemistry, biochemistry
- 10+ years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or Analytical Contract Laboratory industries within Stability, QC or analytical development
- 5+ years’ experience managing a team of technical staff with proven leadership record and demonstrate evidence of team development
- Experience of strategic planning skills, budgeting, forecasting and fiscal management
- Full understanding of cGMP requirements, client SOPs, ICH guidelines, EP and USP requirements and EMEA and FDA guidance’s is essential
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of techniques, HPLC, UPLC, Electrophoresis (CE, iCE, SDS-PAGE), ELISA, spectrophotometry with proven technical troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.