What you need to know
You will work as a Laboratory Manager for our client, a well-established Medical Device company in Co. Offaly
You will be responsible for the Management of the Laboratory with a key focus on ensuring Service Excellence for Customers, Business Development and Managing and Developing employees.
This is a permanent role
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Management of the Laboratory ensuring full adherence to all Quality and HSE requirements
- Provision of Laboratory testing services to customers and managing communication with customers including queries, complaints and other issues associated with the laboratory.
- Liaise with both Global Director and local commercial and management personnel, ensuring an aligned service.
- Management of laboratory facility and personnel.
- Responsible for controlling laboratory costs and forecasting of monthly revenue.
- Support the Technical Manager to ensure integrity of the laboratory testing and compliance with the relevant regulatory standards. Awareness of standard reviews and updates as appropriate.
- Work with Business and Sales Management in the development of laboratory business and provision of services to internal customers.
- Support the Technical Manager in new test development, Cost analysis, Test lead times, process and equipment validation, calibration and preventative maintenance programs.
- Measurement and reporting of laboratory KPIs
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of Laboratory Housekeeping.
- Responsible for supplier selection and approval.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree of Arts or Science degree in microbiology or related science, or the equivalent in education and experience. Preference is given for ASQ certification
- 5 years’ laboratory management experience with experience of testing Medical devices
- Strong operational experience and clear ability to handle customers
- Excellent business acumen with ability to grow the business.
- Ability to analyse data and performance metrics.
- Strong coaching/mentoring/leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have demonstrated the ability to lead in a previous role.
- Strong team building skills with proven abilities in decision making.
- Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision from the Director.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Aoife Mc Loughlin on email@example.com or 090 6490485
We Value Your Trust.