What you need to know
You will work as a Laboratory Lead for our client, a Global Healthcare Packaging company based in Co. Offaly
You will be responsible for advancing the capability of our clients Laboratory Services through networking with outside laboratories, method development and documentation, purchase of new lab instrumentation, customer relationship management and business development.
This is a permanent role
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Recognised as an internal expert / trainer in at least one area of testing
- Understand limitations of instruments & methods and work with lab customers to understand level of precision required and capability to meet customer need
- Improve methods and method repeatability through statistical analysis
- Independently develop testing protocols, applying known methods/techniques to solve problems
- Chemical and polymer analysis to understand raw materials and competitive products
- Provide analytical support for manufacturing to resolve claims or production issues
- Work with product development teams in the analysis and development of new products
- Advance the capability of the lab – document proposals (scope, plan, cost, relevance)
- Evaluation and purchase of new lab instrumentation
- Method development (literature review, research & statistical validation)
- Understanding and leveraging expertise of partner labs
- Review and approve testing reports done by lab technicians and engineers
- Identify gaps in lab capability
- Mentor junior laboratory technicians and identify training needs and provide on-going performance feedback to department Manager
- Participate in staff interviews, hiring and on-boarding
- Recognize and drive business development opportunities and arrange and undertake client visits and attend trade shows
- Responsible for conducting the Management Review meeting and documenting and reporting on the management review meeting.
What are we looking for?
- 3rd level qualification Graduate degree in Materials Science & Engineering, Chemistry or related field with 3+ years of experience OR BS in chemistry, engineering or related field with 8+ years of laboratory / testing experience. Specific training/Experience
- Proficient with statistical tools such as Gage R&R
- Proficient in polymer materials, processing and packaging terminology
- Strong Management skills (Leadership, communication, problem Solving, Planning, Employee development and decision making)
- Strong business acumen with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Metric driven and accountable for results.
- Ability to forge strong working relationships internally & externally crucial.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of contacts from corporate to manufacturing employees – both oral and written.
- Drives a high performing culture and Continuous Improvement.
- Excellent Communicator, who is customer, orientated.
We Value Your Trust.