What you need to know
Are you an adaptable person that thrives under pressure and is focused on delivering results, whilst creating value for the company brand? Do you focus on bringing solutions instead of problems and have the courage to challenge the status quo?
Then we have an exciting opportunity for you to work as a Laboratory Analyst within the global virtual team of a market-leading organisation located in Co Mayo. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with one of the most sought-after employers in the industry.
This is a permanent job offering a competitive salary and comes with excellent benefits unique to the organisation.
Your new job
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager you will be working under supervision, performing basic and complex testing of raw materials, in process products and finished goods. You will be operating and assisting in the evaluation, calibration and validation of analytical testing instrumentation. The successful candidate will also be able to suggest innovative approaches to improve lab workflow, methods or other lab processes to management.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Basic and complex testing of materials at a high level of throughput using uHPLC, LC-MS & GC-MS
- Use advanced analytics to interpret data taken from routine analyses in order to validate that materials meet specifications & quality requirements
- Use software applications to support functions; such as creating spreadsheets, quality documents, LIMS, QMS
- Drive a continuous improvement culture within lab operations to enhance quality, service and reduce costs.
- Perform data audits to ensure accuracy of data and analytical processes
- Operate, modify and repair laboratory instruments
What are we looking for?
- 3rd Level Degree in Chemistry (or related Science discipline)
- Experience of analytical testing techniques including operating, calibrating and validating analytical testing instrumentation
- Experience of analytical testing techniques (uHPLC, LC-MS, GC-MS, ICP, etc) is essential
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years analytical testing experience within industry (Pharma, Chemical or Food)
- Good understanding and experience of QMS and LIMS
- Someone who has high performance standards, has a positive attitude and demonstrates a natural curiosity and enthusiasm in their approach to their work
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.