What you need to know
You will work a Lab/Quality Technician for our client, a highly successful and established Food manufacturing company in Co. Offaly
This is a Permanent role.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Trichinella testing of meat samples
- Microbiological sampling and testing to include environmental swabbing, meat and offal sampling and testing
- Carcase swabbing and water testing in addition to other laboratory testing to support the HACCP and QMS systems.
- Conduct on floor HACCP and hygiene compliance audits and verification checks.
- Conduct on floor SOP adherence and staff compliance checks.
- Review, maintain and control SOP’s and HACCP documentation records and procedures
- Assist in the Management of the Food Safety & Quality Management System
- Measuring, monitoring and ensuring adherence to Customer Specification on the factory floor.
- Adjust tasks as required to suit Company requirements based on customer specifications
- Assist in the management of Corrective & Preventative Action & Non-Conforming Product procedures.
- Assist in the carrying out site internal audits and working with Customers during audits and visits.
- Compliance with regulatory standards, legislation and liaising with DAFM officials.
- The achievement and maintenance of the BRC standard, the Bord Bia MPQAS and retailer and customer standards in terms of an independent third-party factory accreditation.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Food Science/ Food Technology equivalent OR equivalent experience
- Ability to work within the QA and Lab team and alongside other departments.
- Ability to work on their own initiative.
- Attention to detail, analytically minded and continuous improvement focused.
- Good computer skills.
Apply for this job now
We Value Your Trust.