What you need to know
You will work as an IT Support Engineer for our client, a leading manufacturing company in Waterford.
This is a permanent job. The salary will be dependent on experience.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Responsible, as part of a team, for providing support to a large number of computing devices and users.
- Providing multi-level support to the site as a primary helpdesk agent.
- Installation and support of various software applications.
- Liaise with vendors on installation and error resolution.
- May be required to provide out of hours support on a Rota basis to the plant for critical systems and services.
What are we looking for?
- Third level Qualification in Computer Science or similar.
- Third level Qualifications, coursework and experience supporting listed key activities of this position is advantageous.
- Previous experience in regulated manufacturing environment advantageous.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- High proficiency in installing and troubleshooting Windows 7 to 10.
- An Awareness of enterprise systems and software such as SCCM, GPO, AD, DNS, DHCP, Bitlocker, WSUS patching, Networking, backups, helpdesk system, firewalls, proxy, Outlook etc.
- Some system admin scripting experience.
- Knowledge of backup software.
- Good practical understanding of computer networking.
- A keen eye on technology, able to bring new ideas and suggestions to the IT team
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Ronan Douglas on 051-353825