What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Financial Services Analytics Analyst for our client, a global financial services company. This role will be based in Dublin (remote for the moment with hybrid model available in the longer term).
This is a 6-month contract position.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Data Management and Quantitative Analysis – IC3 Under moderate guidance, works with internal and external datasets and client reference data and provides analysis in the development statistical, financial and/or econometric models for analyzing asset performance, securities data, derivative pricing, risk exposure or other sophisticated concepts
- Provides analytical support and prepares drafts of standard and ad hoc reports for assigned area
- Supports assigned area with more advanced statistical and quantitative analyses
- Serves as resource and point of assistance to less experienced colleagues
- Runs models, looks for exceptions, takes corrective action
- Uses technology tools to conduct analyses
- Applies techniques such as SQL and querying and macro development to extract data for populating models
- Has a good understanding of the relevant processes and products in assigned area and which analyses, methodologies and approaches best support assessment of performance, risk, or valuation
- Interprets findings and prepares initial drafts of standard reports
- Prepares ad-hoc reports at the request of managers and/or other leaders
- Translates complex technical concepts and analyses to non-technical audiences
- Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues
- No direct reports but will provide guidance to more junior analysts
- Primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of own work
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred
- 5 years’ experience preferred
- Experience in quantitative finance and technology
Please apply using a CV in Microsoft Word format, thank you.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.