What you need to know
We are seeking a Senior HR Business Partner (HRBP) for our highly successful manufacturing client based in Co. Westmeath. The Senior HRBP will be responsible for all aspects of HR strategy and operations for the organisation supporting two facilities in which half the workforce is unionized and reporting directly to the General Manager (GM).
This is a permanent job, with a competitive salary plus benefits.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the GM and plant managers regarding HR strategies.
- Manage the recruitment process for internal & external hires.
- Support managers on the Performance Management process driving a culture of continuous feedback and high performance.
- Complete learning needs analysis, develop and implement training programmes ensuring regulatory standards adhered to.
- Manage all employee engagement initiatives for example chair Workplace Well-being Committee.
- Manage CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiatives.
- Manage grievance and discipline cases to satisfactory resolution in line with company procedures.
- Work closely with union representatives if & when required.
- Manage of all employee benefit programmes with external vendors.
- Lead induction programmes of all new staff.
- Work closely with payroll to ensure all salary instructions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Report HR metrics at weekly and monthly management meetings.
- Collaborate and coach managers to effectively deal with employee issues.
- Attend open days at schools and manage the graduate / internship programmes encouraging diversity in the specific industry.
- Carry out bench-marking as required.
- Support the Health & Safety Manager in the management of the Health & Safety Management System.
- Work on ad-hoc HR projects for the organisation.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in HR, Business or related discipline.
- CIPD certification.
- 5-yrs + HRBP experience or strong HR Generalist experience considered.
- Ability to work closely with senior management teams and all levels.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office / HR & TMS systems).
- Ability to lead training, inductions and presentations.
- Ability to work independently & closely with teams.
- HR or related Masters.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
- Having worked in an unionised environment is desirable.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Áine on 090 64 90485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.