What you need to know
You will work as a Helpdesk Support Engineer for our client, a highly successful IT Solutions company in the Midlands.
You will be responsible for ensuring effective & efficient task management of IT support for clients based in the midlands, achieving outstanding customer service. You will work alongside the IT support team and report to the department manager.
This is a permanent job. The salary is negotiable depending on experience with great benefits.
Mon-Fri: 9am to 5.30pm
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- The first point of contact for all client IT questions & support.
- Track and document the progression of the tasks, always updating field automation systems & databases.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot & research issues efficiently & effectively.
- Provide remote support to a broad range of clients.
- Identifying issues; suggest & implement solutions.
- Adhere to service level agreements.
- Maintain expert knowledge of relevant desktop, networking, hardware, cloud, database, email, virtualization technologies.
What are we looking for?
- Associate Degree or Professional Technical Certification in Information Technology/Computer Science/Networking or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2yrs experience as an IT Helpdesk environment.
- Strong diagnostic & troubleshooting ability.
- Previous experience working with call/ticket logging systems.
- Strong knowledge of IP Addressing, Routing, LAN & WAN Networks.
- Strong Microsoft desktop OS and PC hardware knowledge.
- To be familiar with;
- Networking (routers/switches/ firewalls etc.)
- Microsoft Server OS
- cloud technologies
- Excellent communication skills required (verbal and written for face-to-face visits / managing customer issues via phone & email).
- Proven track record working to deadlines & excellent time management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility required for travel to many sites.
- Must have a full clean driving license.
- Ideally to have experience with the following;
- Email/database technologies (such as Exchange / MS-SQL etc.).
- Virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of Linux OS an advantage.
- Over 3-4yrs experience in a similar position would be an advantage.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Áine on 090 64 90485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgment email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.