What you need to know
A renowned semi-state organisation who provides innovative climate solutions to the country are currently seeking a Health & Safety Officer for their recycling business unit.
As a Health & Safety Officer you will report directly to the Health & Safety Manager of your division and will play a vital role in implementing and managing the company’s health and safety systems.
This is a 24-month contract.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Form a critical part of the H&S function supporting the H&S Manager in the full range of duties.
- Coordination and support all activities relating to implementing safety initiatives, accident investigation, site walks, audits, liaising with site supervisors, managing CAPA logs in conjunction with sites etc.
- Assist with any training requirements and educate senior management and personnel on H&S best practice.
- Support employees across the business in delivering all existing and new H&S programmes and initiatives.
- Review H&S processes, procedures and documentation ensuring that all documentation is maintained and updated accordingly.
- Carry out regular H&S checks and have a hands-on approach to H&S within your business unit,
- Develop a strong positive ethos for proactive H&S management with all employees and managers.
- Communicate any issues or potential risks/breaches to the Health & Safety Manager.
- Work proactively with key stakeholders such as the HAS, EPA, trainers, commercial and domestic customers.
What are we looking for?
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Health & Safety Officer.
- A third level qualification in Health & Safety (A minimum of a Level 7 on the NFQ)
- Experience in the waste industry is an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Good report writing and knowledge of MS Office and H&S Software.
- A track record of delivery of outstanding business performance and results.
- Manual Handling experience
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Oliver at email@example.com
We Value Your Trust