What you need to know:
A leading Irish manufacturer of electrical products who have an outstanding reputation of supplying quality products to their customers is currently seeking a driven and committed Health & Safety Officer to join their team.
As a Health & Safety Officer, you will report directly to the Health & Safety Manager on site and work collaboratively across all areas of the business to implement health and safety procedures that will protect the safety of all employees and visitors to site.
This is a Permanent role with an excellent salary and package.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Safety Promotion – Keeping records, sharing results, ensuring safety has a visible and tangible presence in the workplace e.g., training, promotions, toolbox talks, audits.
- Relationship Management – Build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders for effective communication and regulatory reporting.
- Fire Safety – Risk assessment with fire consultant/ liaise with fire consultant on equipment and replacement/ recommendation of internal resources and training.
- New products/processes – Recommendation and trials of new PPE/ Assessment of MSDS/ Assessment of new work procedures or machinery.
- First Aid/Spills – Assess equipment and systems to ensure suitable training/ equipment and processes.
- Risk Assessments – Risk assessment / Risk review and update in line legislation or new data. Review procedures/queries/practices and recommend measures and solutions/ track recommendations arising from risk assessment.
- Safety Committee – Organise and facilitate safety committee meeting/ Regular communication and consultation with representatives. Follow up and review issues arising.
- Accident – Root cause investigations/ Corrective and preventative action/ Identify training opportunities.
- Systems – Auditing/ ISO 45001/ ISO 14001/ Q-Pulse
- Legislation – Ensure all personnel understand their responsibilities. Review new legislation and assess compliance and actions arising.
What are we looking for?
- Qualification in Occupational Health and Safety with additional training/experience in Occupational Health and Safety Management.
- Organised individual with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication with an ability to influence other is a positive manner.
- A team player who can work with different business units effectively.
- Ability to operate in a high paced environment.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement.
Apply for this job now with a Word version of your CV or get in touch with Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org
We Value Your Trust