What you need to know
We are looking to fill a key position within the leadership team for one of our most sought-after companies to work for in the West of Ireland. As the Head of Quality Assurance, you will have overall responsibility for the management, strategic planning and direction of all Quality functions and manufacturing operations.
This role will involve significant contact with Corporate Senior Managers and Directors across the organisation, both locally and globally. Therefore, this position will involve around 15% travel to support business needs.
This is a permanent job and not only comes with an excellent salary and extremely attractive benefits, but also presents the successful candidate with the opportunity to develop their career with a world-class organisation.
Your new job
The Head of Quality Assurance directs the planning, coordination, management and control of all the Quality functions within the plant including Formulations, Process Quality Assurance, Packaging, Laboratory, Environmental, Safety, Security, Water Treatment and Waste Water Treatment plus the implementation of the Quality Systems. You will work with the Corporate Management team to develop, interpret, and apply Food Safety, Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure that Food Safety, Quality, Safety and Environmental Systems are in place and comply with Company and Regulatory Requirements. This includes the management of the Water Treatment and Effluent Pre-Treatment operations, plus the responsibility for Security and Waste Management contracts.
- Ensure that Raw Material, Packaging and Product Quality meet Company and Business Requirements.
- Manage the Budget, identify cost effective strategies and drive Value Creation and Lean Initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a strong technical network with key Company and business stakeholders.
- Work with Corporate Management to develop, interpret, and apply Food Safety and Quality plus Safety and Environmental Policies.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a high tech, large volume, manufacturing environment, typically beverages, pharmaceutical, food or healthcare.
- 3 years’ experience in a senior management position as head of a Quality Assurance function.
- Degree in Science subject, preferably Chemistry, Food Science, Food Technology or similar
- Familiarity with regulatory and best practice with regards to the following: quality system development (e.g. TCCQS, ISO, HACCP); statistical process control training and application; developing and implementing quality improvement programs; compliance and system auditing;
- Management of multi-disciplinary technical quality teams within a global organisation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including influencing, listening, team work and building value-based relationships.
- Excellent planning, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, with ability to manage and prioritise multiple conflicting demands.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.