Our client a leading multinational in the medical device industry is currently seeking a Head of Engineering to join their senior leadership team. As the Head of Engineering, you will develop and implement the company’s engineering and maintenance strategy in line with company objectives across your designated region (Europe).
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and driven individual to make a substantial impact on the performance and strategic direction of the company. The successful candidate will be based in Ireland but will work with several sites across Europe.
This is a Permanent role with an excellent salary and package.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
– Develop an engineering standard for the company’s Plants including the USA and benchmark all regional facilities with a clear action plan and risk register.
– Develop a tool for monitoring critical components of designated plants.
– Put in place suitable service contracts and (critical) spare parts procurement where appropriate.
– Facilitate information and engineering know-how and best practise sharing across sites through regular meetings and communication.
– Provide leadership to ensure safe engineering practices by development of an effective safety culture, enforcement of safety practices in compliance to internal and external requirements and regulations.
– Standardise PPMS across region and identify critical components
– Identify and develop appropriate standardised training requirements for engineers and support implementation.
– Interpret local regulatory standards and ensure Plants are compliant.
– Provide leadership to ensure continuous improvement of maintenance processes and activities in line with the company’s standards.
– Ensure that the Engineering team operates within and towards the published corporate vision and global objectives.
What are we looking for?
– A degree in Engineering or a related discipline is required.
– 5 – 10 years relevant experience
– Proven leadership qualities (leading by example)
– High degree of trust, integrity and honesty
– Acute awareness of the importance of safety to the business
– Willing to go the extra mile for our Customers (Customer First, always)
– Good understanding of the principle of continuous improvement
– Well-developed understanding of risk and risk avoidance
– Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
– Good understanding of technology and innovation. Exposure to ventilation or chemical handling systems would be a distinct advantage
– Able to remain calm under pressure and make rational decisions
– Excellent attention to detail
Apply for this job now with a Word version of your CV or get in touch with Oliver at email@example.com
We Value Your Trust