What you need to know
Our client is a highly successful engineering contractor who provide high value engineering services to blue-chip companies in the pharmaceutical, data centre and distribution sectors. They are currently recruiting for Graduate Electrical Engineers for their highly regarded Graduate Programme. These roles will be based in North Dublin.
- Collate all design documents and drawings
- Attend project Handover Meetings
- Evaluate value engineering or cost saving opportunities
- Preparation of co-ordinated drawings covering all aspects of the installation including mechanical, electrical sprinkler, structural and architectural elements
- Review and understand project design specifications and drawings and access compliance of co-ordinated drawings and technical submittals.
- Assist in the production of weekly progress reports
- Assist in the compilation and assessment of Technical Submittals.
- Processing requisitions, generation of purchase orders.
- Receipt verification (RV) of equipment and materials arriving on site.
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system.
- Understand the commercial fundamentals of a project including profit plans, potential variation logs and take offs’ etc
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information utilising File Key.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments for production activities
- Organise and assess the work of sub-contractors.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging including walking down of P&ID’s, and layout drawings.
- Population of test packs and tracking of same
What are we looking for
- Have a minimum of a third level qualification in a relevant field
- At least 12 months experience, while not essential, is a distinct advantage
- Be enthusiatic, energetic with a desire to progress your career
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully manage stakeholder relationships.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have strong information management, analytical and numerical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Be a team player and capable of working independently and on own initiative.
- Be well-organised, highly self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced, pressurised environment.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Joanne on 01 4690901.
We Value Your Trust.