What you need to know
You will work as a GIS Specialist for our client in the Energy Sector in Co. Offaly.
As the GIS Specialist, you will work with an environmentally responsible energy provider delivering professional mapping and surveying services for operations, projects, and business development in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
This is a Permanent role
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Preparation of high-quality maps for licensing applications, litigation, environmental impact assessments and general mapping requirements for internal use.
- Take overall responsibility for the GIS mapping requirements.
- Capture, analysis and interpret topographical survey data.
- Manage and update existing databases using ArcGIS software to provide accurate information.
- Support the Survey and GIS Team Lead.
- Ensure information is completed in a timely manner to achieve project delivery.
- Co-operate fully with Health & Safety and Welfare guidelines.
What are we looking for?
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of surveying equipment including GPS, total stations, levels and laser devices.
- Must be able to check, adjust and calibrate the equipment.
- Proficient in the use of ArcGIS 10.4, Terramodel, FME, Geosite Office, Mapinfo, AutoCAD including AutoCAD 3D Civil.
- Highly experienced in the preparation and presentation of high-quality maps while working to deadlines.
- Ability to edit digital boundaries for the purpose of preparing detailed land registry maps to PRAI digital mapping requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of development and construction methodologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Full clean driver’s license.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Niamh at 09064 90485
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgment email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.