What you need to know
Matrix Recruitment is currently seeking to recruit a General Ledger Accountant to be based in Co. Westmeath.
The GL Accountant role will work with our Global Medical Device Client. This is a 9-month contract role and will report into the EMEA Financial Controller
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities
- Preparation of US GAAP accounts and month end close for the Italian entity.
- Presentation to corporate of financial and tax data on a timely and accurate basis
- The preparation and of forecasts and annual plans.
- Ensure the European entity is fully SOX compliant, and with all relevant local law, accounting standards and filing requirements
- Ensure compliance with VAT, tax and fiscal requirements for Europe.
- Interact with the finance processing team
- Compile with internal financial controls.
- Preparation of information requested by internal and external auditors
- Ad hoc tasks as required to support Finance Function
What are we looking for?
- Qualified /Part Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Business Degree or Diploma including Accounting with 3-5 year’s experience
- Previous Experience in a Shared Service Centre
- SAP user level experience
- Italian language would be an advantage
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail with good time management skills
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 09064-90485.
Matrix Recruitment Group is committed to providing a professional service where all CV`s are kept confidential and will not be submitted to any clients without candidate’s knowledge or consent.