What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Fund Accounting Team Lead for our client, a global investment banking company based in Dublin (remote at the moment).
This job will suit you if you have experience in Advent Geneva and / or preparing NAV’s end to end.
This is a 12-month contract. Salary will depend on experience.
This job is remote for the moment.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure net asset values (NAVs) of the fund are calculated accurately and on a timely basis
- Serve as the primary dedicated contact for the client on operational and client servicing issues
- Ensure the necessary controls are in place and adhered to in order to provide accurate and timely fund accounting/administration services to our clients, investment managers, transfer agent, stock exchanges etc
- Understand the process for preparing all valuations under your management
- This will include having knowledge of all control procedures in place during the preparation of the NAV and identifying more effective controls
- Monitor the daily/weekly/monthly production schedule to ensure that valuations are completed accurately and within the client deadline
- Perform the final check and review of valuations produced under your control
- Communicate new procedures on a fund to all relevant staff
- Ensure Fund Accountants maintain daily/monthly files in a manner suitable for future review by the fund and internal auditors and ensure they are maintaining a high standard of client servicing
- Take initiative to seek opportunities to enhance either the quality of client services or the productivity the NAV process
- Manage the preparation of all the weekly/monthly reporting including the management information system (MIS), compliance, client and fund manager monthly information and reporting.
- Serve as a role model and mentor to staff and serve as a resource to provide adequate training as appropriate
- Additional lead or people management responsibilities as required
- 5+ years work experience in the funds industry
- Excellent working knowledge of end to end NAV calculations and reviews
- In-depth experience of resolving Cash & Asset reconciliation queries
- Knowledge of accounting requirements for a wide range of financial instruments
- In-depth knowledge of Performance Fees and Complex Instruments
- In-depth knowledge of Share Class Hedging
- Experience in resolving complex fund issues
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement workflow requirements of a team
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Report writing ability, with a high attention to detail
- Experience of Advent/Geneva/NTAS
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.