What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Fund Accounting Analyst for our client, a global Investment Banking company based in Limerick.
6-month contract role with some possibility of extension and the role is remote for the moment.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure net asset values (NAVs) of the fund are calculated accurately and on a timely basis
- Ensure the necessary controls are in place and adhered to in order to provide accurate and timely fund accounting/administration services to our clients, investment managers, transfer agent, stock exchanges etc
- Understand the process for preparing all valuations under your management. This will include having knowledge of all control procedures in place during the preparation of the NAV and identifying any more effective controls that can be used
- Monitor the daily/weekly/monthly production schedule to ensure that valuations are completed accurately and within the client deadline
- Perform the final check and review of valuations produced under your control
- Ensure client standard procedures and controls are being adhered to on a daily basis by all staff under your management
- Communicate new procedures on a fund to all relevant staff
- Timely communication to Team Manager of any significant operational issues that arise
- Ensure Fund Accountants maintain daily/monthly files in a manner suitable for future review by the fund and internal auditors
- Take initiative to seek opportunities to enhance either the quality of client services or the productivity the NAV process
- Serve as the primary dedicated contact for the client on operational and client servicing issues
- Keep the Team Manager informed of client issues and their progress, highlighting to management any client concerns/complaints as a matter of urgency
- Manage the preparation of all the weekly/monthly reporting including the management information system (MIS), compliance, client and fund manager monthly information and reporting.
- 5+ years work experience in the funds industry
- Excellent working knowledge of NAV calculations and reviews
- Knowledge of accounting requirements for a wide range of financial instruments
- Experience in resolving complex fund issues
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement workflow requirements of a team
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.