You will work as a Assistant Client Accountant for our client, an investment bank company in Dublin.
This is a 3-month contract role.
Your new job
- Assisting the Accounts Payable (AP) function by monitoring/reviewing payment runs for your portfolio of clients.
- Preparation of bi-monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly journals for upload into exchequer
- Compile monthly management accounts and supplementary information
- Complete a self-review of accounts for completeness with explanations of any large variances on month to month basis prior to submitting for secondary review
- Ensure all management company accounts and packs are finalised accurately on time, and all issues/queries are resolved.
- Rolling forward the proformas financial statements and agreeing timetables with reporting lines and then external stakeholders
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual and semi-annual financial statements including liaising with all parties to ensure accounts are completed, approved and filed within the deadline given.
- Assist with managing the audit process for the portfolio of clients under your remit.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of bi-annual returns for specific clients using the Central Bank online system and including a variance analysis on a timely basis
- Ensure management companies meet their ongoing minimum capital adequacy requirements
- Responsible for the preparation of VAT returns bi-monthly for specific clients
- Prepare and review annual recovery rate calculations and prior period look back for submission to Revenue
- Monitor and review the production of the annual RTD (Return of Trading Details)
What are we looking for?
- A person working towards a professional accounting qualification or someone with relevant experience will be considered
- Strong clerical and keyboard skills with particular focus on accuracy and a high attention to detail
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel
- Knowledge of accounting packages
- Exposure to VAT particularly within Financial Services would be beneficial
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skill
Matrix Recruitment are acting as the Employment Agency and Pay Master for this position.
We Value Your Trust.