You will work as a Financial Reporting Team Lead for our client, an investment bank company in Cork.
This is an 6 month contract role.
Your new job
The Financial Reporting team produces annual and semi-annual financial statements for a broad range of investments funds – money market funds, exchange traded funds and multi-manager funds and under a range of accounting standards – Irish GAAP/FRS 102, Luxembourg GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS.
The Team Lead supports and processes or reviews more complex financial statements and accounting statements on behalf of investment fund clients.
- Assigns work to team members in accordance with client priorities and regulatory deadlines.
- Provides and requests more complex data and information needed to complete the fund annual and semi-annual reports.
- Reviews work of more junior colleagues and researches and resolves errors. Reaches out to appropriate team members to obtain needed information.
- Maintains records relating to assigned entities of the highest complexity in accordance with department policies and procedures and the applicable Corporate and any applicable regulatory standards.
- Develops processes to improve record management to maintain information and data needed for reports, improving team efficiency.
What are we looking for?
- Associate’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required; bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred – ACCA or ACA is desirable.
- Must have financial statement background & accounting background.
- 3 – 5 experience in accounting.
- Sound double entry and financial accounting knowledge required.
- High level of attention to detail, deadline driven with good communication skills
Matrix Recruitment are acting as the Employment Agency and Pay Master for this position.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gillian on 051 353825.
We Value Your Trust.